RN, BCPP, RPE, RCST
Board Certified Polarity Practitioner
Cranial Sacral Therapy
Keynote Speaker & Conference Presenter
Over the years, Sher Smith (bio below) has been a very popular presenter, both as a Keynote Speaker and as a Conference Presenter. Whether it is for an hour or several days, Sher has information to share on many topics that is current, useful and brings results.
Sher draws material for her presentations from the wide variety of courses she teaches. All courses work in different ways to bring the body back to health, and each person might resonate with one modality more than another, which is sometimes why students choose to attend a variety of classes, in order to build for themselves a more comprehensive “tool box” to use with clients.
Sher is the Director of Realizing Your Potential Centre for Holistic, Educational studies in Richmond Hill, Ontario, and courses are listed on this website.
The following are a few of the more currently popular topics.
- The Brain is a popular theme at the moment – especially with the expansion going on in the fields of “Neuroplasticity”, “Epigenetics” and “How to Keep the Brain Young”. What can one do as they age to diminish, slow down or reverse the effects of aging, dementia and Alzheimer’s? Knowing how the brain actually works, especially under stress and with aging, is a very fascinating subject. There is a lot that a person can do to keep brain cells healthy and to rejuvenate the ones that have become inactive.
- Stress, in general, is a very widespread topic. There are a lot of people under stress in today’s world. People want to understand what happens in their body and in their brain when they are under so much stress. Then, they want to know what simple steps they can take so the impact of stress is less and of shorter duration. What can a person easily work into their everyday life to relieve stress?
- Polarity Therapy is another area of interest. People want to know what it is and the benefits it offers to those who receive a session. Polarity Therapy supports one’s system to move out of stress through relaxation and balancing of the natural magnetic energies of the body. The work is done using bodywork, nutrition, movement, communication and examining one’s thought processes. This is a system that focuses on Health Building, the results of which have been very pronounced for some people.
- Brain Gym® is another subject people are becoming aware of. They are discovering what it is and learning about its valuable benefits. There are 26 movements in the basic Brain Gym course that come from the field of Educational Kinesiology, which was developed by Paul Dennison, Ph.D. These movements are used in specific sequences to enhance learning and assist with development of many skills, in both the adult and the child; skills that are needed in school, the workplace and at home; skills used for math, writing, comprehension, learning in general and much more. People have been simply amazed with this work.
- Touch For Health works with the muscles of the body to bring balance and re-establish energy flow. When energy is flowing, the body is healthy.
John Thie, DC, took some of the knowledge that George Goodheart was teaching in Applied Kinesiology and developed a body of work for the lay person. The results have been outstanding.
Sher Smith RN, BCPP, RCST
Sher Smith is a Registered Nurse, Board Certified Polarity Practitioner, Registered Cranial Sacral Therapist and Educational Kinesiology Instructor who has been involved in the holistic health field since 1979. As a metaphysical graduate, the ancient rituals, esoteric teachings and healing practices of the ages continue to be ongoing areas of study and interest.
Her professional training is varied and comprehensive (including studies in Cranial Sacral Therapy with Franklyn Sills and the Upledger Institute), and certification in Neuro-Linguistic Programming, Educational Kinesiology, Reiki and Touch for Health.
Sher was the founding President of the Ontario Polarity Therapy Association, is a member of the American Polarity Therapy Association (having served as Past-Vice-President on the Board of Directors), is a member of the Craniosacral Therapy Association of the United Kingdom and is the Director of the Realizing Your Potential School of Holistic and Energetic Studies.
Sher is the International Canadian Faculty for Brain Gym® with the Educational Kinesiology Foundation in Ventura, California and is an EnKA Certified Practitioner, having attained Level 3 standing (highest level) with EnKA (Energy Kinesiology Association) in the United States.